Boots & Cats
There are a few things that I enjoy about life.
- A good pair of vintage boots.
- A caramel macchiato with soy milk (and most recently for health reasons, decaf).
- A “solving the world’s problems” conversation with a good friend.
- A Six Flag’s roller coaster.
- A song that makes me cry with relief, because that’s how I feel, too.
- A night off after a finished project.
- Taking pictures of my kitten, Aslan.
Note the last one. I am in love with this kitten. I love cats and kittens of all shapes and sizes, but not until Aslan came into my life, did I realize how much I love especially this kitten. All other kitties must bow in comparison to this little guy. He is vicious and loving. Named after the words of C.S. Lewis from the Chronicles of Narnia, “Aslan isn’t tame but he is good.” I credit my friend, Jessica, for revealing the perfect name. When I say perfect name, I exaggerate not. This kitten plays fierce, purrs loudly, but when he loves, he loves with his entire being. Cuddles with him at the end of the day are looked forward to.
Anyone would think I have a baby! But since having him in my life, I have slept better, written better songs, and felt less like I’m home alone. Overall, my temperament has leveled out. I’m not as stressed as I used to be.
I am entirely grateful to God for this little guy and am so happy that he is in my life. On Monday, he turns 10 weeks old. I’ve had him since 6 weeks. It’s been one of the best months of this year. Being less stressed out has been a plus about this guy. He could probably be one of the most popular cats in Dallas right. I wouldn’t doubt it.
Here’s to the little guy who likes to climb up on my lap underneath my laptop.